Salamander NG is a fanmade game in the style of Salamander, produced by Oblio Design. It features original weapons and enemies, multiscrolling stages, 2 endings, original music, and an online high score table.
The game features several powerups including:
- 6 levels of speed ups, as well as "hyper speed" and speed downs.
- Standard and double missiles.
- Blue, red, and green lasers.
- Three types of option configurations; Standard, spacing, and rotate.
- Three types of force fields, including standard, double and shield.
- Bonus points + lives.
There are also several options available such as 2 player co-op, joystick support, editable controls, difficulty selection, and various other settings. Difficulty settings are Very Easy, Easy, Normal, Hard and Very Hard.
- Stage 1: Lost Planet (Horizontal)
- Stage 2: Deep Space (Vertical)
- Stage 3: Organic Planet (Horizontal/Diagonal)
- Stage 4: Ice Planet (Vertical)
- Stage 5: Fire Star (Horizontal)
- Stage 6: ??? (Vertical, version 0.98+ only)
- Bonus: The Great Escape (Horizontal)
- Extra: Bacterion Mode (Horizontal)
- Stage 1: Octopus Zed (stage 1)
- Stage 2: Brain Impact - The Core - The Great Core (stage 2)
- Stage 3: Brain Golem NG (stage 3)
- Stage 4: Kodroypo (stage 4)
- Stage 5: The Core (x1) - The Cores (x4) - The Great Eye - Intruder NG (stage 5) Note: Intruder NG available from version 0.98
- Stage 6: ??? Note: available from version 0.98
- The green laser is hidden at the beginning of stage 4.
- In normal mode or higher, an option hunter will appear at the beginning of stage 4 if you have more than one option.
- To access the bonus stage, complete stage 6 on normal mode or higher.
- To access the extra stage, you must destroy the three 3 Vic Vipers at the beginning of the game and then complete stage 1 destroying the boss with at least -20,000 points.
- Type "planetoblio" as your nation in the settings menu to get unlimited credits.
- mvm/speedup (Max Moretti): creator/programmer
- Alley (Roberto Allevi): creator/graphic
- Matt Carr: music (from version 0.98)
- Dave Jackson: sound engineer (from version 0.98)
Special Thanks to:
- Filo95: particle effects
- Bak IV - John 4300 (help programming)
- The Tetran (beta tester)
- Maz85 (online ranking)
- Roach (Netread dll)
- Snake5 (sgaudio dll)
- AFA (credit scene)
- Roberta Pagnetti (voice)
- Marco Tommaseo (music in demo version)