Jade Knight made its debut in Gradius Gaiden with Falchion β . Eponymously, every weapon this ship has is tinted green, including the options. Basically every Star Fighter has their uniquely colored options, including this one, this trend started in Salamander.
- Length: 14.55m (47.74ft)
- Wingspan: 23.58m (77.36ft)
- Height: 6.03m (19.8ft)
- Crew: 1
- Max Speed: 5.70c
- Drive: M-3 Antimatter Engine x2
Its missile, the spread bomb is a carry-over from Gradius II. This ship has two different kinds of lasers available: Round and Pulse. The round laser, the most unusual weapon presented in this game, fires concentric rings of laser origination. This weapon is very powerful when is correctly used.
The pulse laser is a two or three pronged burst laser, similar to the twin laser in previous titles, this seems to be one of the weakest lasers in the game.
S = Speed Up
M = Spread Bomb
D = Round Laser
L = Pulse Laser
O = Option
? = Guard
- The Jade Knight, and the other Gradius Gaiden ships, have a kind of hyper-drive system than allows them to travel faster than light for escape of the Black Hole in the Stage 7.
- Jade Knight's original ship name was GrayLayer and looked different from the final sprite.
- A Yu-Gi-Oh card of the same name exists, and is based on jade knight
|Ships||Vic Viper • Lord British • Jade Knight • Falchion β|
|Stages||Beyond the White Storm • Requiem for Revengers • Into the Crystal Cage • Ruins of Silence • Organic Fortress • Green Inferno • On the Event Horizon • Formidable Guardians • Fate...|
|Bosses||Blizzard Crawler • Grave • Nobil • Shining Core • Moai Dimension • Mad Skin • Stinger Kid • Hunter Fang • Giga's Rose • Kraken • Laser Tetran • DeathDouble • Parasite Core • Triple Core • Deltatry • Juggler Core • Neo Big Core • Heaven's Gate • Boost Core • Gunner Wall • Heavy Ducker • Sol • O.V.U.M.|