Gradius NEO is a horizontally-scrolling shooter game developed and published by Konami in February 2, 2004 for mobile phones, and was released on NTT DoCoMo's FOMA 900i line of phones in Japan and has been released in North America through Verizon Wireless as part of their Get It Now service.
The game's storyline takes place in far future from traditional Gradius Series. Both Gradius Empire and Bacterion Army don't exist anymore, and this time, it's the battle between Gradius Union and Lars Empire which obtained the ancient Gradius and Bacterion Technology.
- Missile - can be upgraded in Extra Mode from Normal to 2-Way (fires a pair of missiles above and below).
- Double - can be upgraded in Extra Mode from Normal to Tail-Gun (fires backwards), Vertical (fires upwards) and Ripple (like Ripple laser from Gradius II).
- Option - can be upgraded in Extra Mode from Normal to Metal (absorbs bullets and small enemies).
- Laser - no upgrades, but when all 4 options are activated Special striking performance will be enabled (see Formations).
There is an additional gauge right to the Power Up gauge. When collecting a green capsule, you can activate 6 different option formations. With 4 options and activated laser weapon Special striking performances are enabled.
- Rotate/Round - Options rotate around the ship. Special: Twin Laser (options fire two short laser beams).
- Center/Cross - Options are locked above, in front, below and behind. Special: Round Bullet (options fire bullets reversed to the ships movement).
- Forward/Front - Options are locked tightly in front of ship like a shield. Special: Wide Laser (options fire one massive laser beam).
- Wing/Wide - Options are locked widely behind the ship. Special: 5Way Bullet (options fire spreaded bullets).
- In-Line - Options are locked widely above and below ship. Special: Lightning Laser (options fire lightnings).
- Advance/Attack - Option jumps forward and return slowly. Special: Sword Laser (when returning options generate a vertical laser barrier).
Stage 1: The Neutral Zone
Stage 2: Asteroids Zone
Stage 3: Lars Empire Fleet
Stage 4: Space Highway
Stage 5: Lars Empire Base
Stage 1: Satellite Core
Stage 2: Crystal Moai
Stage 3: Gigantic
Stage 4: Ogre Shield
Force Viper destroys Central Server. A destroyed Big Core floats in Space (Most likely Big Core Custom before crashing into a fire planet).
- Information about Gradius NEO
- Gradius NEO Related Soundtrack
- Video playthrough showing metal options, formations and special attacks (part 1 and part 2)
|Gradius NEO Series|
|Characters/Ships||Force Viper • Big Core Custom • Lars Empire|
|Gradius NEO Bosses||Satellite Core • Crystal Moai • Gigantic • Ogre Shield • Big Core X 3 • Central Server|
|Gradius NEO Imperial Bosses||Big Core • Satellite Core MK II • Deadalus • Crystal Moai • Genocide Core|
|Gradius Video Games|
|Gradius series||Gradius • Gradius II • Gradius III • Gradius Gaiden • Gradius IV • Gradius Galaxies • Gradius V • Gradius ReBirth • Gradius: The Interstellar Assault • Gradius NEO • Gradius NEO Imperial • Gradius Arc|
|Spin-offs||Salamander (Life Force) (MSX ver.)• Salamander 2 • Nemesis (MSX) • Nemesis 2 (Nemesis '90 Kai) • Nemesis 3 • Nemesis (Game Boy) • Cosmic Wars • Solar Assault|
|Parody games||Parodius • Parodius Da! • Gokujō Parodius! • Jikkyō Oshaberi Parodius • Sexy Parodius • Paro Wars • Otomedius (Otomedius Gorgeous) • Otomedius X: Excellent!|
|TwinBee||TwinBee • Stinger • TwinBee 3: Poko Poko Daimaō • TwinBee Da!! • Detana!! TwinBee • Pop n' Twinbee • TwinBee: Rainbow Bell Adventure • TwinBee Yahoo! • TwinBee Taisen Puzzle Dama • TwinBee RPG • TwinBee Dungeon • Pastel Jan|
|Other games||Scramble • Flak Attack • A-JAX • Falsion • Thunder Cross • Thunder Cross II • Space Manbow • Quarth • Trigon • Crisis Force • Xexex|