This file contains additional information, probably added from the digital camera or scanner used to create or digitize it.
If the file has been modified from its original state, some details may not fully reflect the modified file.
Gradius II THE MADNESS Mk.II
September 20, 2006
Second in the series of insane Gradius II tricks.
1. Under Big Eye - just shows you can fly under the Eye. I always thought it was do or die at this point of the fight.
2. Big Eye killed with Force Field - since the FF does damage to enemies, you can kill bosses with it if you bring them down to the point of death. I just zapped him until he was on the brink of destruction, and crash straight into him with my full force field. I've tried this with other bosses, but I haven't had any positive results yet.
3. Moai point-blank kill - probably the easiest way (with type 4) to kill the Moai boss. The ripple lasers spread out, covering your ship from enemies, all the while blasting the boss in the face.
4. Maoi upper safe spot - just a cool looking safe spot. Very risky, since the litle Moais can sometimes get past your weapons, and also, when the boss dies, the forward movement of the screen will take you out if you don't escape quickly.
5. Big Core Mk.II kill - By lining yourself up with visual cues as you leave the gates, you can line yourself up for an easy safe kill. Another way to do it, is as the boss emerges, line the top of your nose with the top of his upper red stripe. He won't be able to hit you.
6. Tile escape - just shows how you can survive the tile attack if you die during the Gun Wall. Easy with one speed up. I've never been able to do it with no speed ups.
7. Inside the Gun Wall safe spot - This is a neat one. After you destroy the lowest gun, you can move inside the wall, and be safe from all attacks. Be careful not to go too far in, as the space you have is limited. If you do get killed while in this spot, you were too high. Try to move down just a bit. also, when the boss dies, make sure to be ready to move backwards quickly, or you'll crash. Doesn't work on the top gun.
8. Flying into the Gun Wall core - Again, using visual cues, you can line yourself up to avoid the bosses suicide bullets, AND fly directly into the core. This is not normally possible. Be careful, the duckers can still hit you while you are inside.
9. Through the Gun Wall - The best one. Strangely, you can fly through the boss while it rises, but only the bottom section. Fly into the aforementioned safe spot, and destroy the gun behind you with tailgun, or wait for the time out.
All of these tricks were performed on the PSX Gradius Collection, and might not work on the arcade versions.