Emon-5 is one of the first characters presented in the original Otomedius, and the only male character of the game. Originally, He's the main character of Ganbare Goemon series.
Emon-5 was replaced by Arnval after he went kicked-out. He also shares a move sets with Arnval. However, his wing-man Emon-8 refuses to take avenge with the G Organization due of his missing appearance in the sequel.
He voiced by Daisuke Namikawa.
S = Speed
M = Flying Torpedo
O = Formation Option
D = Reverse
L = Twin Laser
? = Force Field
- Originally, Emon-5 was to be in Otomedius Excellent, but was taken out due to collision detection issues.
- Emon-5's name specifically switch the "Go" into Five after his name taken in japanese, originally named Goemon.
- Emon's Xel Viper is based from Thunder Cross's M-45 fighter.
- This is the first male Otomedius character that can only use as playable in the first game.
- Emon's personality is same as the original Goemon, however he speaks too much taboo words in a despite language to the Angel Squadron when it comes of disappointing conversations.
- Emon's DLC BGMs are based from the Thunder Cross / Space Manbow series, such as "First Attack", "Great Battleship", "Aquarium" and "Skywalker".